Environmental Protection Improvement Plan for Coal-fired Units
Index > Information Disclosure > Engineering Information > Environmental Protection Improvement Plan for Coal-fired Units
Units No.1~4 Air Quality Control System (AQCS) Retrofit Work Project of Taichung Power Plant
Unit No. 1~4 of Taichung Power Plant have achieved outstanding performance since they were put into operation in 1991. However, due to the increasingly stricter standards of the central and local environmental protection regulations in recent years, the existing units will be renewed to supply the stable power and meet the environmental protection standards in the future operation life time by improving the boiler and air pollution control equipment, reducing various pollutants - NOx, SOx, PM, etc stable power supply.
- Improvement of combustion system (in boiler): relevant equipment includes coal pulverizer, Low NOx Burner (LNB) and Over Fire Air (OFA).
- Improvement of post combustion system: refers to flue gas treatment equipment, such as electrostatic precipitator (ESP), flue gas desulfurization equipment (FGD).
The plan is expected to improve the existing NOX, PM and SOX control equipment of unit 1 to 4, so that the air pollutant concentration discharged by the units can meet the requirements of the air pollutant emission standard of electric power facilities of the environmental protection department of the Executive Yuan (announced on 2016/12/01) and the air pollution emission standard of Taichung electric power facilities (announced on 2012/06/07)：
- Nitrogen oxide (NOx): the current standard has been tightened from 100ppm to 70ppm.
- Particulate pollutants (PM): the current standard has been tightened to 20mg/Nm3 。
- Sulfur oxide (SOx): the current standard has been tightened to 60ppm.
|Overall progress (%) (Feb 2021)
|Unit reaches Flue Gas Introduction Date
- Unit 1: The installation was completed on 2018/02/27.
- Unit 2: The installation was completed on 2019/02/23.
- Unit 3: The installation was completed on 2019/06/20.
- Unit 4: The installation was completed on 2020/02/15.