1. Digital Mode: When you read the numbers of the meter, record the lower number if it is between two sequent numbers. In following example, the correct reading is 47851.
2. Pointer Mode: This kind of meter has five dials with pointers. You can read it by the following steps.
- Always begin with the dial on the far right.
- Record the lowest number the pointer has passed, even if the pointer has almost reached the next number.
- Note that as you move from right to left, each dial rotates in the direction opposite the one before it. If the first dial rotates clockwise, the next will rotate counterclockwise, the third clockwise, and so on.
- The five-digit number is your present reading of this period.|
In following example, the correct reading is 35394.
3. Subtract the previous reading from the present reading and you get the actual kilowatt-hour (kWh) used this period. All these readings and amounts are listed on your bill.